OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
Traktek Pty Ltd t/as BOG OUT (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and all applicable Australian privacy policies, principles and regulations (collectively, “privacy laws”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website, BOG OUT (www.bogout.com) (“Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, handling and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
on or through our Website.
• in e-mail, text, input fields and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
• when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party Website and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other Website operated by Company or any third party.
• any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, account number or any other information our Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (collectively, “personal information”).
that is about you but individually does not identify you (for example, user behaviour).
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
automatically as you navigate through the site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, analytics software or other tracking technologies).
• from third parties, for example, our business partners and social media features.
We may collect additional personal information for particular purposes (for example, when you apply for an employment position or internship with our Company), including educational and employment background and contact information in order to conduct reference or background checks.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your information for the reasonably necessary performance of our services and our Website, including but not limited to:
• Registration for subscriptions. We collect personal information from you when you purchase from our website in order to keep you informed of other services that may be beneficial to you. Your personal information is also used in order to process your payments and to confirm whether you would like to receive promotional materials in the future. We will seek your consent to send you promotional material and special offers and to allow specifically selected partners to send to you offers of discounts or other benefits. Where you consent, we will periodically send you offers we consider may be of interest to you.
• Sales Promotions, Competitions, Surveys and registration to attend our events. We collect personal information when you respond to one of our promotions, competitions or surveys or when you register to attend an event in order to inform you if you have won a prize, to place you on a guest-list to an event and to help us better understand what products and services you would like to receive information about in the future.
• Registration for our Sticker Club. We collect personal information when you apply for a membership card and sign up to join our sticker club promotion. By providing this personal information we are able to keep you updated on special offers and events that you may be interested in and to reward your commitment to the brands.
• We collate any information you send to us in relation to data or file images of any receipts you choose to submit to us. Such data is collated for the purposes of research and may be presented to private and government organisations, for the purposes of developing further camping and tourist related activities.
• Employment. We collect personal information when you apply for an employment or internship opportunity with us as part of our recruitment process.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and postal address), if you contact us.
• your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
• your search queries on our Website
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
THEREFORE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR USER CONTRIBUTIONS WILL NOT BE VIEWED BY UNAUTHORISED PERSONS.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, including by enabling us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
• speed up your searches.
• recognise you when you return to our Website
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include but is not limited to:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website or App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics (including Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impressions Reporting, Double Click Campaign Manager and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) on our Website. Google Analytics uses first and third party cookies to evaluate your interaction with our Website and advertising services. We have enabled Google Analytics for Display Advertising which allows Google and third parties to advertise to you on or through our Website. You can customise or opt out of these features (here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) or modify Google’s advertising settings (here: https://www.google.com/settings/ads) at any time.
We do not endorse or control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you.
to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
• to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• to allow you to participate in interactive features (for example, user contributions) on our Website.
• in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• or any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email your request to: email@example.com.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Additionally, we may disclose the information we have collated from participating businesses or through your use of your membership card, including information that is about you but individually does not identify you (for example, user behaviour) but not including personal information that individually identifies you, to third parties for their use and record keeping, whether for our pecuniary consideration or commercial use or not. For example, your information may be disclosed, including sold, to local councils or state departments for the purposes of preparing reports to better town planning efforts and improve tourism in Australia.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our affiliates.
to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and/or who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• to third parties for the purposes of monitoring the performance of our Website and services and for the use of appropriate tracking technology.
• to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
• to a third party buyer for their private or commercial use.
• to local councils, state departments or their agents.
• to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it (for example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website , we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients).
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• with your consent.
Additionally, we may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to: email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at: email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We understand that protection of your personal information and other data is important to you. It is important to us as well. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration, interference and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers at onsite or trusted third party storage providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 13, Cairns Qld 4878 Australia
We reasonably endeavour to respond to all questions or comments and investigate submitted complaints within a reasonable time after receipt. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer your matter to the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner (here: www.oaic.gov.au).